30’s Vintage Costume 3 Piece Dress, Corset, + Cape
Vintage 1930’s dress, corset and cape three-piece set. I believe this was most likely a custom-made outfit for a theater costume. Saffron yellow (possibly silk) dress with black knit overlay. V-neck short sleeve dress with hidden left side zipper closure. Comes with a vintage bustier/corset and a matching cape jacket.
Construction: Dress is not lined, skirt has been hemmed, has small shoulder pad inserts sewn in, and small fabric patches sewn into inside underarms. Bustier has double set of hook-and-eye back closures (adjustable) and spaghetti straps (non-adjustable). Cape-let is a short cape that has a curved hem. Yellow fabric tie and top hook-and-eye closure.
- Label: Marvelform Bra (on bustier) Pat # 2337810
- Label: Kleinerl’s Blue Label Guaranteed
- Made in USA
- Vintage label size 3, see measurements below to ensure a good fit.
Notes on condition: slight discoloration on bustier; one seam near top collar of capelet on yellow side appears stressed; dress: seams near back of underarms are a bit stressed.
- Underarm/Bust: 16.5” – 17” flat / 33-34”
- Waist: 14” – 14.5” / 28-29”
- Length: 13” (top bust to bottom)
- Strap Height: 4” (front) 8” (back)
- Shoulders across: 16”
- Underarm/Bust: 21” flat / 42” complete
- Waist: 16” flat / 32” complete
- Length: 37.75”
- Sleeve Inseam: 7.5”
- Sleeve Opening: 5.75”
- Top of Cape Across: 40” flat
- Length: 19” (back)
- Length: 15” (front)
- Back Neckline Across: 4” (flat)